Sign up with email
Bagshare is a web service built on the Sharetribe platform. The general terms of Sharetribe below apply also to the use of Bagshare
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information about us
bagshare.co.uk is a site operated by Bagshare Limited ("Bag Share"). Bagshare are registered in England and Wales under company number 10143839 and have our registered office at 42 Middleton road, London E8 4BS. Bagshare are a limited company.
“Resident” means an individual resident who has agreed to use the Service to get an item from another place thanks to a Traveller.
“Bagshare” is the company and any of its partners or group or associated companies maintaining the Site to facilitate arrangements between people who are travelling from one destination to another for the delivery of items in exchange for a fee or other consideration
“Traveller” means the individual traveller using the Site to offer to buy and collect an item for a Resident, and to transport that item to the Resident, at a given destination at an agreed date and time in exchange for the Cost Contribution.
“Cost Contribution” means the amount agreed between the Traveller and the Resident in relation to the Exchange which is payable by the Resident as their contribution towards the costs of the Exchange.
“Exchange” means the arrangement agreed through the Site between a Traveller and a Resident for the Traveller to bring goods to the Resident in exchange for compensation from the Resident.
“Service” refers to any service provided by the Site to any User.
“Site” means www.bagshare.co.uk and any other website or related mobile or other applications edited, maintained or operated by Bagshare alone or with others which offers similar services including any microsites or sub-sites offered through any such website or application.
“User” refers to a Resident, Traveller or any other user of the Site .
“User Account” refers to a Resident, Traveller or any other user of the Site .
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes Bagshare have made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to the Site
Bagshare may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. Please note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and Bagshare are under no obligation to update it.
Bagshare do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing the site
The Site is made available free of charge.
Bagshare do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis. Bagshare may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. Bagshare will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
Your account and password
In order to use the Services each User must create a User Account and agrees to provide any personal information requested by Bag Share. Users will be required to provide their first name, last name, age, title, valid telephone number, email address and any other requested information.
Users are only permitted to register one account per person for their own personal use. Users are not permitted to impersonate any other person or use the Site for commercial purposes.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
Bagshare is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Users may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for User’s personal use and Users may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
Users must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials Users have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Bagshare’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although Bagshare make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, Bagshare make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, Bagshare exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Bagshare will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, Bagshare will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that Bagshare only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and Bagshare have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Bagshare will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Bagshare assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. Bagshare will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Bagshare will not be liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of any User activity including:
- cancellation or delay of an Exchange;
- errors made by either User;
- failure to make payment;
- Any misrepresentation or fraud on the part of any User; or
- Breach of any national or international laws and regulations for the transport and possession of goods.
Uploading content to the Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.bagshare.co.uk/en/infos/privacy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. [If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage Bagshare suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.]
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
Bagshare also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Bagshare will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Site. Users agree that information they share with other Users and upload to the Site will be true and accurate.
Users will are not permitted to upload any content which is misleading or fraudulent. Any User found to be using the Site for fraudulent or misleading purposes shall be blocked from the Site and reported to the relevant authorities.
Bagshare have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.bagshare.co.uk/en/infos/privacy.
The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to the Site, you Bagshare a non-exclusive licence to display and distribute the content and use the same for any of Bagshare’s promotional and marketing materials.
Bagshare do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Bagshare will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and Bagshare will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
Bagshare reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.bagshare.co.uk/en/infos/privacy.
If you wish to make any use of content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in the Site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
Bagshare have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Site.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use https://www.bagshare.co.uk/en/infos/terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
Bagshare Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bagshare Limited of 42 Middleton Road, London, E8 4BS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.bagshare.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bagshare Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
Regular sources of information
Personal details are given by the user on registration to the service or when using it later.
Regular handovers of the information
Information considering users of a single Bagshare community may be handed over to the client who has founded that community or to the community administrators appointed by that client.
Transfers of the information outside the EU and the European Economic Area
Information may be stored to a server that may be located inside or outside of the EU and the European Economic Area
Register protection principles
The information is stored on computers. The access to the information is restricted with passwords and physical access to the computers is restricted by the server hosting company.